Posted on 07/08/20 by in Early Childhood
The beach....a place you can explore and have a great adventure. If you happen upon our beaches in Ohio you will find treasures, like smooth stones, rocks of many shapes and colors, and colorful sea glass. Let's not forget digging in the sand and making sand castles. Playing fun games in the sand can be so much fun!!
The beach is also a great place to just relax, either by watching the sun rise and set or even meditation. The sounds of the beach splashing the rocks can also be very relaxing.
If you are lucky enough to go visit the Atlantic ocean in the Outer Banks for example, you will find different sorts of treasures. Such as seashells of all sizes, skeletons from sea creatures like sea horses or starfish. The sound of the waves are relaxing. Splashing in them is a lot of fun. At night, crab hunting is a fun adventure as well.
The beach can be a great place to spend time with family and just enjoy being outside. Always remember to put on your SUNSCREEN before heading outside!!
A few local beaches:
Our favorite beach activities:
- 21 Active Beach Games (Active for Life)
- 13 Thing to Do at the Beach with Children (Bright Horizons)
- Seashell Jellyfish Craft (I Heart Arts and Crafts)
- Seashell Science and Math (Fantastic Fun & Learning)
- How to Make a Beach Sensory Bin for Preschool Play
- Beach Yoga for Kids (Kids Yoga Stories)
- Make Your Own Kinetic Sand (The Music Settlement)
Our beach read picks (consider purchasing from bookshop.org and support one of our local bookstores!):
- How to Catch a Mermaid, by Adam Wallace, Andy Elkerton
- Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach, by James Dean
- Seashell, by Amy Sky Koster, Lisel Jane Ashlock
Enjoy the beach and have fun! - Ms. Carla Kelly